Unlike all our other overdrives, the Talons was not designed to emulate any specific sound or era. The presence control gives you a wide range of top-end contour and the active 3 band EQ allows you to sculpt your tone to perfection. The Talons can be powered at the standard 9v for a warmer amp-like tone or at 18v for greater headroom, more volume and a brighter, stiffer grind. All analog, true bypass and handmade one at a time in dusty Akron, Ohio.
- Treble: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Middle: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Bass: Noon is flat, boost is clockwise from noon, cut is counter clockwise from noon.
- Presence: Adjusts the top end and upper mids to control the amount of “sizzle” in the dirt. Turn clockwise for a brighter tone, counter clockwise to mellow it out.
- Gain: Preamp volume control. Controls the amount of dirt available, from clean to heavy crunch.
- Level: Master volume control. There is a lot of level on tap, please adjust accordingly.
4 5/8″ x 2 1/2″ x 2.25″ with knobs
Our pedals take a standard 9 volt DC power supply with a 2.1mm negative center barrel. Talons at 18 volts will yield higher headroom with a slightly brighter, stronger tone and more volume. We always recommend pedal-specific, transformer-isolated wall-wart power supplies or multiple isolated-output supplies. Pedals will make extra noise if there is ripple or unclean power. Switching-type power supplies, daisy chains and non-pedal specific power supplies do not filter dirty power as well and let through unwanted noise. Will also run off a 9v battery for you olde tymee types.
Current draw is 5 mA.
Vendor: Earthquaker devices