Each channel of the OD-Fuzz has its own set of controls with separate LEDs for each side. The two channels can be used separately or together in combination. Each effect has its own distinct sound, but the blend of both channels together will yield an incredibly wide range of tonal possibilities, from slightly overdriven to full-blown fuzz. The controls become highly interactive when both effects are engaged.
The Germanium OD-Fuzz is essentially the same as a standard Black Cat OD-Fuzz, except the Fuzz Face side uses two NOS 1960s metal can RCA Germanium transistors. It cleans up well when you roll back the volume on the guitar, and does everything that people have come to expect from a good Germanium Fuzz Face. It compliments the OD channel nicely by offering a bit more contrast in tone and texture.
- Durable powder-coat “Holographic Sparkle” finish
- High-quality OP275 dual op-amp for OD channel
- NOS RCA Germanium transistors for the fuzz channel
- Professional glass epoxy double-sided PCB
- 3PDT true-bypass switch and Switchcraft jacks
- Uses 2.1 mm Boss style power jack, or internal 9V battery
- Hand-wired, boutique quality, made in USA
- Two channels can be used independently or together
- Controls are interactive when channels are combined